Tip: Making coffee for two people? Just double the amount of ground coffee and water. You’d also need to repeat the pouring procedure and use a coffee server instead of the mug.
1. Boil 250ml water in your Hario drip kettle.
2. Grind 15g of coffee to medium-fine grind.
Tip: A medium to fine grind is best for your pour over. If the brew is too weak, try a finer grind. If the water drips through the coffee too slowly, make the grind coarser.
3. Place the V60 on the mug, insert the filter paper and soak with hot water to remove any papery taste, and to warm the V60 and the mug.
4. Discard the water and place the V60 and the mug on to the scales, tare to zero.
5. Add the coffee grounds, ensuring they are evenly spread.
6. Pour enough water to thoroughly wet the grounds, then wait for around 30 seconds.
Tip: Use filtered water if you can. Water temperature should be around 92-96 ºC.
7. Slowly pour more water, using a circular motion, avoiding the edges where the grounds meet the paper. Stop pouring when the scales read 250g - the whole process should take around 2.5 minutes.
9. Drink and Enjoy.
Tip: Experiment, fine-tune, and enjoy the process until you find your perfect routine.